Skip to content
- Perfume: The Story of a Murderer by Patrick Suskind, published in 1985.
- In the slums of eighteenth-century France, the infant Jean-Baptiste Grenouille is born with one sublime gift – an absolute sense of smell.
- Soon, he is creating the most sublime fragrances in all the city.
- Yet there is one odor he cannot capture. It is exquisite, magical: the scent of a young virgin. And to get it he must kill. And kill. And kill.
- Told with dazzling narrative brilliance. Perfume: The Story of a Murderer by Patrick Suskind is a hauntingly powerful tale of murder and sensual depravity.
Check it out