Skip to content
- The Odyssey by Homer, written around the 8th or 7th century BCE. The first English translation of the Odyssey was in the 16th century.
- Story of the return of Odysseus from the siege of Troy to his home in Ithaca, and of the vengeance he takes on the suitors of his wife Penelope.
- Penelope has been waiting for her husband Odysseus to return from Troy for many years. Little does she know that his path back to her has been blocked by astonishing and terrifying trials.
- Odysseus’s account of his adventures since leaving Troy includes his encounter with the enchantress Circe, his visit to the Underworld, and the lure of the Sirens.
- Favorite of the gods, Odysseus embodies the energy, intellect, and resourcefulness that were of highest value to the ancients and that remain ideals in our time.
- The Odyssey by Homer is a beautiful adventure story that is one of the most influential works of literature in the world.
Check it out