Skip to content
- The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton, published in 1967.
- The Outsiders is a story of teenage rebellion, written when the author was only 17.
- Showcases sympathetic portrayal of Ponyboy and his struggle to find a place for himself in a difficult world.
- Teenagers in a small Oklahoma town have split into two gangs, divided by money, tastes and attitude.
- The Socs is a vicious gang of rich kids whose idea of a good time is beating up on “greasers” like Ponyboy.
- Ponyboy can count on his brothers and on his friends.
- The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton is a classic story of a boy who finds himself on the outskirts of regular society.
- Dramatic and enduring work of fiction that laid the groundwork for the YA genre.
Check it out